I feel like I am being the worst girlfriend ever at the moment. Im tired (working 40 odd hours), stressed (facing redundancy) and poorly (probably because I’m so tired and stressed!)
The Scientist is still always there for me and a constant pillar of support and sometimes its overwhelming to deal with. He tells me to give up my job if i’m too stressed and he will support me, if i’m tired he will give me massages and make me dinner (ok i’m a shit wifey and he always makes me dinner!) because i’m poorly he went out last night and stocked up on loads of cold and flu stuff.
I’ve just read this back and ‘overwhelming’ seems negative and I don’t mean it like that its more hard to get used to, i’m used to doing things on my own and making tough decisions but now I’ve realised I would be totally lost without him in my life and I dont know what ive done to deserve him.
I feel like he’s a much better boyfriend than I am girlfriend. He’s pretty much got this whole thing nailed and I still cock stuff up and have to remind myself I’m not on my own anymore. I’ve never met someone whose just so kind and loving and expects nothing in return, take last week for example he cooked me a three course meal to celebrate our 8 month anniversary (8 WHOLE MONTHS!!!!!) and because i was too tired to erm….give him some dessert he didn’t mind and was happy just watching love island and having a snuggle, he even went as far to say if he never got any dessert again he would still love me forever!… not sure I can say the same, I love me some regular pudding!
I’m hoping this is just a temporary thing and that work calms down and I feel better soon. We’re off to Italy next week…. I’M SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! so hopefully I can relax and chill out and after how amazing The Scientist has been give him all the Gelato he deserves 😉
So I was reading an article about how the honeymoon period in relationships is usually over in six months so does that mean it’s all down hill from now for The Scientist and I?
To be honest I’ve barely even got to the honeymoon period with other relationships let alone get past it so I have no idea what’s going on!
I still feel in the early stages. I’m learning new things about him all the time even though we spend a lot of time together. I always look forward to seeing him at the end of the day.
This week he’s away for 4 days….and I know this pathetic but I’m bereft! Absence does not make the heart grow fonder it just leaves an empty space in our bed.
I feel the same way I did about him at the beginning, the excitement is still there and the sex is still the best ever. I want this feeling to last forever. Yes we have our little routines and we’re not going out every evening being wild and crazy but I love this feeling of contentment. Staying in and watching Netflix and then having amazing sex is the one.
For me the honey moon period is over rated, yes it’s exciting but it’s also filled with nervousness, anxiety and games whilst you’re trying to feel each other out. Give me the feeling of being relaxed and comfortable any time over that!
So I’ve been living in Essex for a month now, can’t believe how quick it’s gone!
I love living with The Scientist. We have so much fun together. Next month we move into our new flat which will be awesome. Even though I love the flat we are in now it will be nice to have somewhere that’s ours from the beginning. I thought it would be a massive adjustment living together, as I mentioned before I lived alone for 7 years, but it’s not. We just fit together.
Work has been a harder transition I’m not going to lie, I miss my old work friends massively and the laughs and fun we used to have.
I feel that’s it’s completely swapped, before I had my work life in order and my love life was a mess now I have met my person and my work life needs some work! It’s only been a month though so I’m not going to complain and just give things time to settle.
I’m still 100% sure that I made the right decision to leave and move in with my beloved. Hopefully next month we will be in our new flat and I will be as happy at work as I am at home….fingers crossed!
So I’ve officially become the worlds worst blogger and abandoned my 31 day challenge on day 18! In my defence I have been moving house and transferring jobs so I’ve been super busy.
Tonight is the last night I spend in my flat in my own bed….eek! If that bed could talk, well it would probably call me a hoebag! All jokes aside I’m feeling happy and can’t wait to start my life with The Scientist.
I promise I will try and pick back up the challenge over the next couple of days. Tomorrow is the last day at work (I’m pretty heartbroken and emotional over this!) and then on Monday I start my new job and new life as a domestic goddess so please don’t be too annoyed at me if I don’t get around to it for a while!
Day 16 of the 31 day blog challenge.
I’m a very bad blogger and didn’t post yesterday, forgive me!
Unfortunately retail isn’t my dream job to be honest I don’t think it’s anyone’s dream job!
I’ve posted on here last year about my dream job as a menswear designer but, and this is a bit out there….I’d also really like to be a roadie! Travelling the world, listening to live music, constantly being in the hustle and bustle of a gig environment I would love it! Also I’m not adverse to a bit of lifting and shifting so the equipment wouldn’t bother me.
So Bastille, if you’re reading this I’m free to go on the road!
Day 2 of the 31 day blog challenge.
Ahh I remember how hard this one is….
- I’ve mentioned this before numerous times but considering my last one of these started with how I’ve never been in love a good place to start this is…IM IN LOVE! After a long long mostly hideous search I’ve finally found my penguin.
- Talking of penguins, The Scientist and I collect them! I worry in 50 years time we will be that weird old couple with all the penguins!
- The most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me was when the Scientist searched the whole of Brighton beach to find me a perfect pebble when I sent him this one day: the boy did good!
- Brighton is my fave place in the U.K. The beach, the shops just the whole vibe.
- But I also really love Essex (all those years of watching TOWIE!) which is good as this year I will be moving there!
- We’ve been looking at houses and I always had myself down for an ultra modern kinda gal but nope, apparently I want an old house with real beams…they just look soooo cosy!
- My dream house would be a brownstone in NYC, bitch needs a stoop in her life!
- As long as the house comes with a black pug (my favourite dog) called lord puggingtons (of course!) and definitely…
- No ghosts (which I believe in) then were all set.
- I think the ghost thing comes from too many horror films, currently were trying to work our way through all of them on Netflix.
- I like the feeling of being scared
- I don’t tend to have nightmares and even if I do I constantly lucid dream so can change the outcome if the bad guy is after me!
- Or If i do I can chill out by listening to Lewis Capaldi who is my favourite artist at the moment
- My best moment of last year ( other than meeting my beloved of course!) was going to see Lewis live, being front row, getting the set list, meeting him after the gig and getting a signed tshirt and taking a selfie.
- When I’m not at gigs and meeting rockstars I’m secretly a nerd
- My favourite thing to do with The Scientist is to chill out and play scrabble
- Im super competitive so it’s a good job I pretty much always win!
- I’m not just a letters gal I also have a weird OCD thing with numbers I’m scared of the number 13 and everything has to be in evens.
- I have an odd number of tattoos though but I’ve fallen out of love with them so don’t want to have anymore.
- A bit like how I don’t want to have kids! I’m super maternal towards my nieces but they are not for me!
I realise a lot of you will read this post and think we’re crazy and it’s super fast and maybe you’re right but I’ve never felt happier!
Soooooooo what’s new with me? Nothing much except I’ve asked for a transfer at work so I can move in with The Scientist. No biggie.
I’ve not got a single doubt about moving in with him other than where my hundreds of pairs of shoes will go, I must love him as I’ve been sorting through my stuff ( I’ve lived alone for 7 years so I’ve got a lot of crap!) and already thrown out a few pairs. It was like Sophie’s choice but harder.
I’m sad about leaving work as I love my dysfunctional family there, my friends are scattered about so that’s not a problem and I ll only be an hour away from my family.
I can’t wait to start our lives together.